A titration is an experiment carried out to determine the concentration of a solution. There are 6 titrations on the leaving cert chemistry course, and each year one of them will make up question 1 on the exam paper. In this lesson, we will look at the theory behind each of these 6 titrations, how to carry out the experiment and how to calculate the concentration of a solution using stoichiometry.
In this lesson we will cover Higher Level Leaving Cert Chemistry Titrations. This lesson will cover:
- Titration Basics
- Hydrochloric Acid and Sodium Carbonate
- Ethanoic Acid and Sodium Hydroxide
- Potassium Permanganate and Iron
- Sodium Thiosulphate and Iodine
- Hardness of Water
- Dissolved Oxygen Content in Water
- Exam Questions
With lessons, tests, hotspots, games and interactive videos, improve your knowledge of Chemistry in the topic of Titrations!