Leaving Cert Physics – Optics 2 – Refraction and Lenses
Course Access: 300 days access
This lesson will focus on the second Optics topic of the Leaving Cert Physics course: Refraction and Lenses.
In this lesson, we will cover:
- What is refraction?
- Refraction ray diagrams
- Laws of refraction
- Refractive index and how to calculate it
- Refraction experiments
- Total internal reflection
- Critical angle
- Applications of total internal reflection
- The eye
- Calculations to do with lenses
- Mirror and lens formula, power of a lens